LONDON: Rain has disrupted two of the three opening matches on the West Indies Cricket Board Invitational Under-15s tour of Britain. Not a ball was bowled in a highly-anticipated contest with the Chris Gayle Academy at Woodford Green in the British capital. Then, only 27 overs were possible against the Kent Emerging Player Programme at Redbourn Cricket Club, where opener Nico Reifer finished with an undefeated 68 from 77 balls that included half-dozen fours and a pair of sixes, after the WICB Under-15s were put in to bat. In the only completed match, the visitors suffered a 64-run defeat against the London & East Region squad last Sunday at the Bushy Metropolitan Police Cricket Ground. The WICB Under-15s failed to successfully chase 168, with their captain, Kirstan Kallicharran, leading the way with 33. The Under-15s are due to play three more matches on the tour. TOUR INVITATION The tour was organised following an invitation from the England Barmy Army Colts. It has the potential to become an annual event, depending on its success this year. It will provide the players with the opportunity to showcase their skills against their peers from another country, and serve as a great tool for talent identification and development. Summarised scores: At Bushy Metropolitan Police Cricket Ground on Sunday, August 23: London & East Region won by 64 runs. LONDON & EAST REGION, 167 off 39.2 overs (J. Smith 69, C. Scott 50, Raewin Senior 3-28, Dane Edwards 3-28, Joshua Bishop 2-25). WICB INVITATIONAL UNDER-15s, 103 off 26.4 overs (Kirstan Kallicharran 33, A. Nazir 7.4-0-30-5, K. Peters 3-25). At Woodford Green on Monday, August 24: No-result (not a ball bowled due to rain). WICB INVITATIONAL UNDER-15s vs CHRIS GAYLE ACADEMY. At Redbourn Cricket Club on Tuesday, August 25: No-result (due to rain interruption). WICB INVITATIONAL UNDER-15s, 116 for three off 27 overs (Nico Reifer 68 not out, Kirstan Kallicharran 21) vs KENT EMERGING PLAYER PROGRAMME.
Coco’s house rules on ‘Probinsyano’ set “His guilty plea related, amongst others, to schemes in which he received bribes in exchange for his support in relation to the FIFA presidential elections and to gain control and influence within the AFC (Asian Football Confederation) and FIFA,” the soccer body said of Lai in a statement.Sheikh Ahmad referred his own case to the ethics committees of FIFA and the International Olympic Committee in April after Lai’s guilty plea was revealed. The Kuwaiti royal also withdrew from an election to retain his seat representing Asia on the FIFA Council.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’SPORTSBack on the throneThe sheikh has denied wrongdoing and continues to work on Olympic duty, including chairing an IOC panel with a $500 million budget to distribute grants, and leading the global group of national Olympic committees known as ANOC.Two more former soccer federation presidents, Rafael Esquivel of Venezuela and Julio Rocha of Nicaragua, were also banned for life Tuesday. They were arrested in Zurich in May 2015 in early morning raids on luxury hotels and later extradited to the United States. Though the life bans were announced during the trial in Brooklyn of three other FIFA-connected officials from South America, the ethics panel investigations were separate and did not use new evidence being aired daily in court.FIFA said its ethics judges imposed “appropriate fines in relation to the amounts of the bribes that they have admitted having taken.”Esquivel was fined 1 million Swiss francs ($1 million), Lai was fined 870,000 Swiss francs ($870,000), and Rocha was fined 500,000 Swiss francs ($500,000). It is unclear if FIFA can enforce fines on people who have left the sport.Lai, who is an American citizen, previously agreed to pay “more than $1.1 million in forfeiture and penalties,” the U.S. Department of Justice said in April.In court, Lai pleaded guilty to wire fraud conspiracy charges related to taking about $1 million in bribes, including at least $850,000 from Kuwaiti officials.ADVERTISEMENT View comments Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ LATEST STORIES Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Durant unfazed by Thunder return OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Margot Robbie talks about filming ‘Bombshell’s’ disturbing sexual harassment scene Kiss-and-tell matinee idol’s conquests: True stories or tall tales? Esquivel agreed to forfeit $16 million a year ago when he pleaded guilty to charges of racketeering conspiracy, wire fraud conspiracy and money laundering conspiracy. His offenses were linked to the awarding of contracts for media and marketing rights to South American soccer competitions.However, Esquivel’s name was cited Monday in Brooklyn during testimony in the ongoing trial of former soccer executives from Brazil, Paraguay and Peru, who deny corruption charges.One witness who formerly worked for a marketing agency in Argentina said he kept a ledger of payments to officials, including a $750,000 payment to Esquivel for “Q2022.”Prosecutors did not specify if the payment was linked to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.FIFA has repeatedly declined to comment on allegations and evidence detailed in the current federal court case.Rocha was a FIFA staffer working for its development department when he was arrested in 2015. He agreed to forfeit nearly $300,000 after admitting to racketeering conspiracy and wire fraud conspiracy charges last December.All three banned officials are awaiting sentencing in Brooklyn. Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ Jo Koy: My brain always wants to think funny It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson MOST READ Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours FILE – In this Friday, Oct. 21, 2016 file photo, Kuwait’s Sheikh Ahmad Al-Fahad Al-Ahmed Al-Sabah, president of the Association of National Olympic Committees (ANOC) speaks at the European Olympic Committees General Assembly in Minsk, Belarus. Three soccer officials who pleaded guilty in American courts to accepting bribes were banned for life by the FIFA ethics committee on Tuesday Nov. 21, 2017. (AP Photo/Sergei Grits, File)GENEVA — Three soccer officials who pleaded guilty in American courts to accepting bribes were banned for life by the FIFA ethics committee on Tuesday.They include former FIFA audit committee member Richard Lai of Guam, who testified in federal court that the source of his bribe money was Olympic powerbroker Sheikh Ahmad al-Fahad al-Sabah of Kuwait.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.
The communities of Dawson Creek, Fort St. John and Chetwynd are all under a snowfall warning issued by Environment Canada.As of 4pm, Environment Canada has extended the snowfall warning for this area and that we expect another 5 cm of snow. The original forecast for Friday did call for about 5 to 10 cm of snow, so the new forecast means we could get up to 20 cm of snow today. Unofficially Environment Canada reports 15 cm of snow fell so far in Fort St. John.The RCMP have only had a few minor accidents so far today and say that if you do need to travel, slow down and leave extra space in between you the vehicle in front of you. If road conditions change we will let you know.- Advertisement -You can also click here and see current BC Peace Road Conditions